Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Got Here Safe!

Well I got here okay! The flight was only 4 hours so I finally got to watch Avatar haha. When I got to the airport every driver I talked to said they knew the manager of my guest house and would drive me there. Then two of them had a little argument over who was going to drive me. I ended up picking the first driver Jackson who only had one arm but still somehow carried my bags! The drive was crazy, for 10 minutes all you could see was blue and white tents, everywhere I couldn't see where they ended. The roads were all clear at least the ones I was on. Behind the gates of houses you could see that behind the walls the houses were all mostly collapsed. some of the guest house I'm staying at is collapsed there is still one building with the bathrooms and some beds, and the whole front yard is full of tents, I get to sleep in one tonight hope it doesn't rain! It's 35 degrees and I love it! The rest of the day I'm just going to stay around the guest house and make some calls hopefully tomorrow I will be working in an orphanage or school.

View From the plane


Tent City!

No comments:

Post a Comment