Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Back to Heartline!

Today I went back to Heartline until the 20th. Will I'm there I'm going to be doing physical therapy with some the patients that have suffered mostly fractures from the earthquake. David the current physical therapist is leaving tomorrow and he has made some huge progress. He showed me the ropes today and he is doing some really great things with the patients. He has gotten people with femur fractures to walk for the first time since the earthquake and does some great exercises with the patients. I'm very excited to be working here! Today I did a lot with a boy that had his arm smushed in the earthquake he had to have some tendons replaced so the mobility in his fingers isn't very good, but it is getting much better! Cliff one of the PA's working made a dynamic cast which give some resistance to him when he closes his hand but pulls his fingers back up when he is not. He has most of his trouble keeping his fingers straight so this should do a great job! He made it out of coat hangers some tape and elastic bands! We weren't sure at first but it turned out great! After the clinic we all went to someones house for dinner which was delicious and then headed back to the guest house! Tomorrow the PT is showing me some more things and then I'll be trying to follow in his shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment